Canonsburg Council Approves 10-Year Agreement With Library
A special meeting will also be held next week to both approve the borough's 2013 spending plan and for council to interview for the position of public works director.
Canonsburg Council held its voting meeting Monday. Here's a breakdown of what happened:
- Council approved a 10-year contract with the Frank Sarris Public Library that calls for the borough to pay about $12,000 to the library each year. Borough Manager Terry Hazlett said the stipend is based on a formula that previously was used in the library’s contract with Canonsburg, Cecil Township and North Strabane Township.
- Council also approved a three-year contract totalling $238,680 with Mars-based Vogel Disposal Service, Inc. for hauling of sludge at the sewer plant.
- Council also approved a resolution confirming the police pension contribution at 2.5 percent for 2013.
- Council will meet at 7 p.m. next Tuesday to give tentative approval to the borough's 2013 spending, which includes a one-mill increase dedicated to parks and recreation.
- Council will also interview six candidates for the public works director position.