1. Canonsburg Council will hold its non-voting meeting at 7 p.m. Monday in the borough building. Items slated for discussion include the 2012 budget, the pending police contract and doubling parking fines. To view the entire agenda, click here (and scroll down).
2. The Canon-McMillan School Board will reorganize at 6 p.m. Monday. During reorganizations, a new board president and vice president are generally named. For more information on the board, click here.
3. Cecil Township's Board of Supervisors will hold two public hearings prior to its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Monday. The hearings will involve repealing two ordinances regarding the regulation of Marcellus Shale drilling—one that made it a conditional use and the other that established a drilling-overlay district. The purpose of the public hearings is to repeal and possibly reapprove. Solicitor John Smith said that doing so would make an appeal filed by Range Resources moot.
4. The Women’s Auxiliary of Canonsburg General Hospital is sponsoring a basket raffle to benefit the hospital’s programs and services. The baskets will be on display through Monday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the hospital’s main lobby. The drawing will be held at 1 p.m. Tuesday. Tickets are $1 each or 7 tickets for $5. For more information about donating a basket, call the Development Office at 724-745-3913.
5. Cecil Township supervisors will hold their final budget meeting at 6:30 p.m. Thursday in the municipal building. Township Manager Don Genusso said last week that the spending plan includes no tax increase.