Monday, Feb. 18 is President's Day.
The holiday was originally titled "Washington's Birthday," a federal observation honoring the nation's first President and implemented by congress in 1879 . By the mid-1980s, with a push from advertisers, the term "Presidents' Day" began its public appearance. Today, the holiday has become well known for being a day in which many stores, especially car dealers and furniture outlets, hold sales.
- North Hills School District
- Most banks
- Federal, state, and Allegheny county offices and courts.
- Pennsylvania driver license of and photo center are closed Saturday Feb. 16 through Mon. Feb. 18.
- State Liquor stores
- Post Offices
- Ross Township Offices, municipal & recreation center
- West View Borough Offices
- Northland Public Library
- The Port Authority is running regular bus, T and incline weekday service, but the downtown service center is closed.
TELL US: What does President's Day mean to you? Tell us in the comments box below.
Check out some of today's other top stories here .