Thanksgiving is shaping up to be beautiful with a high temperature expected to be in the upper 50s.
Forecasters are also predicting sunny skies with light wind and no precipitation. The only chance for rain this week appears to be on Friday. Good for all of you hitting the road or traveling by air to visit Grandma, and for all those Turkey Bowls.
AAA predicts 43.6 million Americans will travel at least 50 miles from home over the holiday, up just 0.7 percent from last year. Air travel is expected to decline, one sign that many households continue to feel financially pinched.
Here's the local forecast, according to the National Weather Service in Pittsburgh:
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 55. Light and variable wind.
- Thanksgiving Day: Sunny, with a high near 59.
- Friday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 54. Chance of precipitation is 30 percent.
- Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 39.
- Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 41.
By car or by airplane, how do you like to travel on Thanksgiving? Tell us in the comments.