Happy Valentine's Day! Here are a few songs I thought would be appropriate for your holiday playlist.
In no particular order, here are 10 of my favorites (the YouTube videos are attached, so listen away!)
1. Things You Already Know - Quiet Comfort
2. Ice Cream - Sarah McLauchlan
3. Yer So Bad - Tom Petty
4. Handle With Care - Traveling Wilburys
5. You're in My Heart - Rod Steward
6. At My Most Beautiful - R.E.M.
7. She's an Angel - They Might Be Giants
8. The Luckiest - Bend Folds (makes me cry *every* time)
9. Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
10. Good to See You - Neil Young
And here were some reader favorites:
1. Amy Ross Phillips said, "Quintessential love song for anyone who grew up in the 80s: Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes". (Preferably playing on a boom box on the lawn)
In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel (The "Say Anything" video version, per your request)
2. Mary Ellen Wallace McFadden said her choice was simple.
Have I Told You Lately That I Love You? - Rod Steward
3. Anita Brecosky chose a more recent song.
I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith
4. She also suggested...
"I Will Always Love You" - Dolly Parton
5. Kaitlin Brecosky chose a song from Death Cab for Cutie
Stay Young, Go Dancing - Death Cab For Cutie
6. Alicia Jankowski-Wilson said while she isn't a huge fan of the "Twilight" movies, that this was one of her picks
A Thousand Years - Christina Perri
7. She also suggested this one...
"What I Like About You" - The Romantics
8. Joe Slebonick gave us this pick...
"I'm The One" - Descendents
9. Joe also suggested this one...
"I Melt With You" - Modern English
10. Karen Hartley suggested this hit...
"Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" - Bryan Adams
BONUS READERS' PICKS
Lynette Leasure picked this classic...
"At Last" - Etta James
Dr. Candy DeBerry suggested this one...
"You Can Close Your Eyes" - James Taylor
So what's your pick? Upload a YouTube video or post a link in the comments section!