Canonsburg Council held its voting meeting Monday. Here's a breakdown of what happened:
- Council approved a 10-year contract with the Frank Sarris Public Library that calls for the borough to pay about $12,000 to the library each year. Borough Manager Terry Hazlett said the stipend is based on a formula that previously was used in the library’s contract with Canonsburg, Cecil Township and North Strabane Township.
- Council also approved a three-year contract totalling $238,680 with Mars-based Vogel Disposal Service, Inc. for hauling of sludge at the sewer plant.
- Council also approved a resolution confirming the police pension contribution at 2.5 percent for 2013.
- Council will meet at 7 p.m. next Tuesday to give tentative approval to the borough's 2013 spending, which includes a one-mill increase dedicated to parks and recreation.
- Council will also interview six candidates for the public works director position.