Miss the Canonsburg Council this week? No worries. Here's a rundown of what happened.
Council Monday approved four apparent low bids for remodeling the borough building. They include:
- DiMarco Construction Inc. bid of $613,550 for general construction
- Newman Plumbing bid of $142,822 for plumbing work
- D&G Mechanical bid of $111,625 for mechanical work
- Vern’s Electric bid of $162,446 for electrical work
Also at the meeting:
Council re-appointed several members to borough boards. They include:
- Mike Alterio, five-year term on Canonsburg-Houston Joint Authority
- James Chemento, two-year term on Civil Service Commission
- Peter Lucas, four-year term on the Planning Commission
- Joe Milioto, four-year term on the Planning Commission
Jeffrey Derrico, two-year term on the Zoning Hearing Board
- Tony Trona, one-year term on the Zoning Hearing Board
Mayor David Rhome also honored two police officers, Det. Alexander Coghill and Charles Tenney, for their work in solving the case of the death of Jose Medina. Both Tenney and Coghill credited the entire force for its work and said they were accepting on behalf of all the officers.