Canon-McMillan School Board held its annual reorganization meeting Monday—re-electing Darla Bowman-Monaco as president and re-electing Paul Scarmazzi as vice president.
“Thank you very much—I appreciate that,” Bowman-Monaco said after being seated for her second term.
Elected as South Hills Area School District Association representative was Director Manuel Pihikas, and elected as representative to the Pennsylvania School Boards Association was Director Joe Zupancic.
The meeting dates for 2013 will remain as the same as they were this year: The nonvoting meeting will be held the second Monday of the month with the voting meeting to follow on the third Monday of the month. Both meetings will be held in the district administration building and will begin at 7 p.m.
The board also appointed two members to the Canonsburg Cecil North Strabane Public Library Board. Appointed to two-year terms beginning Jan. 1, 2013 were Vince Faith and school Director Michael Caporizzo.
The board also authorized its business manager, Joni Mansmann, to approve payment of December bills—with those bills being ratified by directors in January.
In other business:
- The board accepted the resignation of Cheri Cavalier from her position as bus driver effective Jan. 2, 2013 for the purpose of retirement. She was with the district for more than 38 years.
- The board also hired Allison Cummings as an elementary teacher at South Central Elementary effective Dec. 4.
- The board also appointed Chloe Butler as a substitute for a teacher on leave for the second semester of the 2012-13 school year. She will replace Allison Cummings who was given a contracted position.
- Directors also adjusted the salary for Tula Dziak, principal of Cecil Elementary, to $75,480 effective Nov. 20, 2012.
- The board also opened the middle school football coaching positions because of the resignation of the head football coach.
- The board will meet again next month.