Canon-McMillan School Board held a special meeting Monday, and took the following actions:
- , as well as settlement and retirement agreement. While she will remain superintendent through Oct. 9, she will not actively be in the post as a stipulation of the agreements, solicitor Mike Lucas said. Instead, Michael Daniels, assistant to the superintendent, will continue to serve as substitute superintendent until the position is filled. The board did not immediately release the settlement and retirement agreements because Lucas said not all parties had signed off on the documents. However, he said they would be released within the five-day period a public agency has to respond to state Right-to-Know requests. Canon-McMillan Patch filed a request for that information immediately following Monday's meeting. It had not been released as of Tuesday morning.
- The board hired three temporary elementary school teachers for the 2012-13 school year. They are Natalie Blackburn, Lindsay Whiteford and Jaclyn Road.
- Directors also hired the following paraprofessionals for the 2012-13 school year: Jenna Chirichetti (), Lauren Howells (), Shelly Leichty (, Stefanie Viviano () and Tracy Mirich ().
- Directors also approved coaching incentive bonuses to be pain for the 2011-12 school year per its policy. Boys soccer coaches Larry Fingers, Frank Zuzek and Jason Masko will receive $278.55, $204.50 and $204.50, respectively. Girls tennis coaches Denise Toward and Jim Kochanski will receive $167.10 and $104.95, respectively. Girls soccer coaches Dave Derrico, Greg Day and Melissa Dalbon will receive $278.55, $204.50 and $204.50, respectively. Wrestling coach Chris Mary will receive $3,222.40, while fellow coaches Pat Hudock, Jason Cardillo and Glenn Haynes will each receive $1,952.40. Wrestling coach Brian Krenzelak will receive $1,511.20. Softball coach Michele Moeller will receive $816.40, while fellow coaches Justin White, Steve Mokal and Tracey Michalak will each receive $566.60.
- The board accepted the donation of a piano valued at $1,500 from the DoubleTree Meadowlands Hotel.