Congrats to these members of the Canon-McMillan School District community, all of whom were recognized by the administration and board Monday.
- After winning their first WPIAL title earlier this month, the varsity boys soccer team achieved its first PIAA Class AAA tournament victory on Nov. 6. “Although they fell short in the PIAA playoffs on Saturday, Nov. 1o against Upper St. Clair, our athletes this year have accomplished more than any other soccer team in Canon-McMillan history,” Superintendent Michael Daniels said. The team ended its season with a 19-5-0 record.
- Canon-McMillan School Director Joe Zupancic was recognized for achieving Master School Board Member accreditation. The Pennsylvania School Boards Association program recognizes those individuals who have “demonstrated significant accomplishments as members of their governance teams,” Daniels said.
- Boys soccer coach Larry Fingers was recognized for being selected as the PSCA Male AAA Coach of the Year. He will be recognized at an all-state banquet in Harrisburg on Jan. 26.
- Borland Manor first-grader Brady Crago was recognized for being the school’s winner in the annual Canonsburg General Hospital's Thanksgiving Essay contest. He was recognized at an awards banquet Tuesday and will receive a $50 gift certificate to Barnes & Noble.
- Tyler Harmon, a kindergarten student at Borland Manor, was the winner of an iPad for his participation in a school study conducted by the University of Pittsburgh.