- The school board unanimously hired Michael Daniels as its superintendent. The three-year contract calls for a first-year salary of $135,000. To read our main story, click here.
- The school board voted to permit the law firm of Peacock Keller & Ecker to enter its appearance and defend an appeal to the Commonwealth Court in a property tax assessment appeal.
- School directors approved a resolution that will begin condemnation proceedings against real property located in the Third Ward of Canonsburg and consisting of 187.88 square feet. The property was identified by a deed between Vasbro, Inc. and Locastro.
- The board voted to approve a tax collector bonus in the amount of $5,000 to Rob Maceiko. The motion passed with no explanation or discussion.
- The board announced that Nutrition Inc. will be holding a recipe contest for elementary students during the National School Lunch Week celebration and will be coordinating a new event called Wellness Wednesdays. The Young Chef’s Academy is donating two cooking classes, utensils and T-shirts as prizes for the upcoming contest.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something