- The school board unanimously hired Michael Daniels as its superintendent. The three-year contract calls for a first-year salary of $135,000. To read our main story, click here.
- The school board voted to permit the law firm of Peacock Keller & Ecker to enter its appearance and defend an appeal to the Commonwealth Court in a property tax assessment appeal.
- School directors approved a resolution that will begin condemnation proceedings against real property located in the Third Ward of Canonsburg and consisting of 187.88 square feet. The property was identified by a deed between Vasbro, Inc. and Locastro.
- The board voted to approve a tax collector bonus in the amount of $5,000 to Rob Maceiko. The motion passed with no explanation or discussion.
- The board announced that Nutrition Inc. will be holding a recipe contest for elementary students during the National School Lunch Week celebration and will be coordinating a new event called Wellness Wednesdays. The Young Chef’s Academy is donating two cooking classes, utensils and T-shirts as prizes for the upcoming contest.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something