The School Board held its regular meeting Monday. Directors took the following action:
- The board tentatively approved its $61.87 million budget for the 2012-13 school year. It includes a 2.2 mill tax increase. For more information,
- The board accepted the resignation of Michelle Moeller from her position as junior varsity golf coach.
- The board hired Lauren Kostley as a temporary elementary teacher for effective April 17, but assigned to for the remainder of the 2011-12 school year.
- The board hired Ralph Thompson Jr. as a maintenance worker effective April 18.
- The board hired Kristen Mavrich as the head cheerleading sponsor at a salary of $3,497.
- The board hired Jeff Ogrodowski and Troy Grunseth as assistant varsity football coaches. Each will receive a salary of $5,327.
- The board appointed Thorpe Reed as the district's bond counsel pending final fee negotiation and reference checks.
- The board granted the early release for college request of Morgan Bardzil to attend the University of Pittsburgh in the fall of 2012.
- The board approved summer school tuition fees. The cost for a resident for a 60-hour class will be $180. The cost for a non-resident is $210. The cost for a resident for a 30-hour class will be $90. The cost for a non-resident is $120.