Canon-McMillan Superintendent Michael Daniels sent a letter to parents this week letting them know about security changes made in the
- Increased police presence at all schools
- Keyed entry to all schools provided to police
- 24-7 security feeds directly to police
- Detailed questioning of visitors to building—school officials say to expect a slight delay
- New procedures to collect photo ID from visitors needing access to schools beyond the main office.
Long-range plans are also in the works, the letter indicates.
To read the letter, click on the attached PDF.