Wednesday, August 8, 2012
Vote in our poll now through Aug. 17.
We wanted to know who has the best wings in the area, and you answered. And now two local businesses will go head-to-head in our Readers' Choice poll: Big Fella's Pizza and Jay's Sports Bar & Restaurant. Cast your vote by Aug. 17 and help us decide who's best. Whichever business gets the most votes will be named the Readers' Choice winner. PS: Sign up for the Canon-McMillan Patch newsletter to stay up-to-date on the contest and all your local news!
Friday, July 20, 2012
Here are our top picks for fun this weekend.
1. Miss Adios Spokesmodel Search Where?/When?: Jay's Sports Bar & Restaurant, 7 p.m. tonight Why Go?: Miss Adios: The Pace for the Orchids Spokesmodel Search will be held at Jay's. The winner advances to the finals. There will be $3,500 in cash and prizes. 2. Bedner’s Farm Fresh Market Where/When: Bedner Farm Market, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday Why Go: Every weekend at Bedner’s Farm you and your family can experience homemade ice cream, caramel apples, Cheri's NY Top Dogs, Bob's Lemonade & Pretzels, Porky & Beth's BBQ and much more! 3. Habitat for Humanity’s Kids’ Triathlon Where/When: South Park, 7 a.m. on Saturday Why Go: Athletes ages 7 to 12 are invited to run, swim and bike …
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Turtle Twist has been named the Patch Readers' Choice winner for "Best Outdoor Patio Dining."
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Well, the votes have been cast for the local restaurant that has the best outdoor patio dining in Canonsburg, North Strabane or Cecil. And the winner is ... Turtle Twist! But in all fairness, the vote ended with a three-way tie for first place. Also capturing the same number of votes were Sonic and Jay's Sports Bar. So we at Patch turned to the Facebook nominations, where Turtle Twist received a nod from a local reader. That lone vote helped swing the vote toward Turtle Twist, which is located at 1310 Nine-Eighty Road. Congratulations to this local business! Patch will be delivering your plaque soon!
Friday, March 9, 2012
Here are our top picks for fun.
1. Lowe’s Build and Grow Clinic Where/When: Lowe's, 10 to 11 a.m. on Saturday Why Go?: Step right up and try your luck with carnival hoops! Your child will love building and playing with this kit. 2. Making Molded Candy Where?/When?: Frank Sarris Public Library, 11 a.m. on Saturday Why Go?: Just in time to help you fill those Easter Baskets! Adults and teens in 11th or 12th grade are asked to pre-register to join us to learn how to make molded candies. Pricing: $2 per person 3. Radio Disney @ Taste of Trax Where/When: Trax Farms Market, 12 to 3 p.m. on Saturday Why Go?: Radio Disney will be at Trax Farms' Taste of Trax. They will perform a family-friendly show and lead a free Disney themed scavenger hunt throughout Trax Farms. The prize? A…
Friday, March 2, 2012
Congrats to Jay's Sports Bar and Restaurant for having what readers deem their favorite burger in the area!
We asked where you can find the best, juiciest burger in the Canon-McMillan area and you answered: The winner of our Favorite Burger contest is Jay’s Sports Bar and Restaurant. A close second was The New Hofbrau, followed by Gino’s Tuscan Grill in third place. Congrats to Jay’s and stay tuned to Canon-McMillan Patch for the next contest!
Monday, February 27, 2012
There is nothing like a big, juicy burger to make a day amazing (our apologies to you vegetarians out there).
It seems only fitting that our inaugural "My Favorite" contest would kick off by asking you where to grab the best hamburger, or cheeseburger, in town. So here's how it works: We'll list some of the nominations we received last week below. Click on the link (which takes you to our Patch Places directory) and write a review of your favorite burger. If your best burger isn't listed, shoot Local Editor Amanda Gillooly an email at email@example.com to nominate it. Here are the nominees for best burger in the Canon-McMillan area: Make sure to vote by writing a review by 9 a.m. Friday. Gillooly (that's me) will decide the winner by the number and quality of reviews on each restaurant's listing (no nasty reviews, please). We'll announce …
Here's your chance to recommend the best places in town to get your favorite things.
We know you have them in your brain: Those favorite shops you frequent again and again. The restaurants you recommend to your friends. The stores with great customer service or unusual offerings. Well, here's your chance to tell your friends and neighbors. Beginning Monday, we'll be asking for your recommendation on the best places in town for everything from burgers to car repair. With your help, we'll put a list together of nominees. Then you can 'vote' for your favorite by leaving a review on the business's directory listing on Patch Places. The winner will be determined by me, based in large part on the reviews. And be nice: We'll only consider positive reviews in making our decision. The first favorite we want to know about is ... …
Thursday, February 2, 2012
Looking for something to get into this weekend? Here are our picks.
1. Where/When:, noon to 1:30 p.m. on Friday Why Go?: Join Nancy Griffin, All-American Pilates for Golf instructor and author of "Secrets to Better Golf," as she shares ways to increase your distance, add power and play at your highest level without pain. Learn golf specific movements in an easy to follow circuit using various tools. The second half of the class involves mat and band exercises to increase flexibility of the core and intrinsic muscles of the shoulder, wrist and ankle to create speed and strength. PGA Brent Johnson of Southpointe CC will do a swing clinic each session. Bring a mat to class or call Nancy at 1-888-733-7375 for one. Pricing: $150 for the class session, Feb. 3 to March 2 2. Where/When: Carnegie Museum of Art…
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Here are our top picks for fun this weekend.
1. Detecting Women Where/When: Frank Sarris Public Library, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday Why Go?: This mystery book club will meet once a month to discuss a different book. This month's book is Lee Child's "Without Fail." Pricing: Free 2. RML Jazz Concert Where/When: David's Music House, 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. on Friday Why Go?: RML Jazz will perform at David’s Music House this Saturday. Click here to read more about the band. Pricing: $10 to $20 donations at the door. 3. “Charlotte’s Web” Where?/When?: Upper St. Clair High School, 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. on Saturday Why Go?: Missed your chance to see the show last week? Don’t worry because the show is coming to Upper St. Clair High School. TheatreworksUSA's live stage performance of “Charlotte’s …
Thursday, December 29, 2011
Still not sure what you are doing for the new year? Here are our top picks for the holiday weekend.
1. Bowl Your Brains Out Where/When: West Pike Bowl, 9 p.m. - 12 a.m., Thursday Why Go: Bowl Your Brains Out is a West Pike Bowl special. Spend only $11 for any two hours of bowling and shoe rental! Pricing: $11. 2. One Sweet Burgh Where?/When?: Jay's Sports Bar & Restaurant, 10 p.m. to 1 a.m., Friday Why Go?: One Sweet Burgh is Pittsburgh's premiere Dave Matthews Band tribute. They will be performing at Jay's Sports Bar and Restaurant. 3. New Year’s Eve Celebration Where?/When?: Pittsburgh Zoo, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday Why Go?: It's like Time's Square only family friendly! Countdown to noon and watch the "ball" drop, sign the New Year's ReZOOlution banner and dance yourself silly with Radio Disney! Pricing: $10/adult, $9 for …